Although, as well-seasoned ITCH viewers and contributors will notice, the aesthetic of the new website remains true to the minimalist approach that we have always favoured, the architecture includes improved features which were absent on the old website. Firstly: the ITCH website now features an submission system which allows contributors to upload their submissions directly through the website rather than email it. Contributors can also log in to edit their profiles. We would like to urge all contributors to keep their profiles up to date, and to include their web addresses. This is a major improvement, we believe, from emailing submissions to the editor. All potential contributors should take note of the 'Help' function, which provides a detailed "how-to guide" for article submissions. Secondly: we now have a "search" function, which allows users to find content based on any keyword (including contributor's name). This means that the entire ITCH archive is now searchable. Thirdly: the overall navigation of the website is now more flexible, so that it is easier to move around and explore the various categories and issues. Fourthly: content can now be organized by contributor. To read or see more work published in ITCH by the same contributor, all you have to do is click on their name. Finally: we now have a page called HyperText, which includes links to many other places on the internet that ITCH loves. If you would like your website to be included on that page, please feel free to get in touch.
We hope you enjoy reading and browsing the work featured in ITCH e.11. Please feel free to use the 'Comments' feature to provide feedback on any article that you view or read.
The editorial team responsible for selecting and editing the content of ITCH e.11 (a sub-committee of the editorial board) were: Bronwyn Law-Viljoen, Christopher Thurman, Karina Szczurek, Mehita Iqani, and Michelle Adler.
- This new website would not have been possible without the support of many people. The editorial board would like to extend its thanks to the following marvelous individuals:
- Francois Smit, for investing huge amounts of time, energy and patience into engineering this new site, both its front and back end, and training the editorial board in its use.
- Karin Pampallis for her dedicated and patient assistance in migrating much of the content from the old site to this one.
- Brendon and Suzette Bell-Roberts, the former publishers of ITCH, for their gracious patience during the handover period and for allowing the old site to stay live while we got the new one ready.
- Libby Meintjes, Head of the School of Literature, Language at Media at Wits, and Delia Roussouw, for their moral and material assistance throughout the adoption process.
- Tawana Kupe for his moral support and enthusiasm for bringing ITCH to Wits.